Saturday, February 12, 2011

Is this the real life??

Well, after two weeks in Spain and ten days in Sevilla it still hasn't set in that I'm really here.  Since classes have started I have become more comfortable walking around the city, but around every corner there is another crazy building or church or majestic view and I feel so lucky to be in such a wonderful city.  A couple days ago on my morning run I was crossing a bridge of the Guadalquivir (a huge river that runs right through the middle of Sevilla) as the sun was barely peaking of the buildings and the view of the silhouette of the city with the pink sky and mist on the river was so breathtaking, words or pictures cannot do it justice.

I've always been the type of person that has a billion things going on at the same time and the easy going, relaxed lifestyle here is something a little strange for me....but I'm loving it!  On Mondays and Wednesdays I have a night class (flamenco) and a couple of us in the same class have already made it a habit and decided to meet up, walk around, get lost in Sevilla, and find a bar with a Spanish only menu to enjoy a drink and tapas.

When I decided to study abroad my parents' only rule was that I had to come home.....right now I foresee it being very difficult to get on a plane in June to come back to the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment